Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Missing my Maggie

Recently I responded to a request to make a pillow for someone.  Their very loved dog had passed and her little boy was having a tough time and she wanted a pillow made with her picture on it.  I took on the project.  I purchased a product new to me, June Taylor's Sew-In Computer Printer Fabric, and was excited to work with it.  My photo placement and editing skills need some help but I think I did okay.  Once I started the project tho I felt a sense of sadness come over me.  It wasn't till I was at the end did I finally realize that I had not fully grieved for Maggie.  Maggie was my loved Cocker Spaniel.  She was born in South Carolina and was purchased by my good friend Michelle and her husband Mike for Mike's mother shortly before thier move to Arizon.  I had an input of her name and felt she needed to have a Southern name so her Southern heritage would always be with her.  Lucky for me it didn't work out for Maggie and Mike's mom and after I moved to Las Vegas she became mine.  Maggie was loved by me, the boys, Jason and Isabella.  Sadly old age took their toll on her and due to many health issues we made the decision to set her free of her pain.  During this time we were going thru the turmoil of Jason's separation from the Air Force and I have never been able to sit and grieve.  Isabella still asks me why Maggie has to live with the angels and has even asked if the angels will give her back.  Many times I have comforted her but never have taken the time to grieve.  Tonight I am going to finally have my time and grieve for my Maggie and when I finally get the boxes unpacked and find her collar I will put it in a shadow box so she is always in our home.  I love and miss you Maggie!


No comments:

Post a Comment